CERN centralized Elasticsearch service¶
This document contains all information needed to manage the ES. ES is provided by CERN.
- open a ticket: ` snow ticket: <https://cern.service-now.com/service-portal/service-element.do?name=Elasticsearch-Service>_`.
2. mattermost: LHCb ` specific channel <https://mattermost.web.cern.ch/it-dep/channels/es-for-lhcb>`_ or ` it general channel <https://mattermost.web.cern.ch/it-dep/channels/it-es-project>`_.
We are using three instances(host:username):
- es-lhcb-monitoring:lhcb for monitoring WMS and ComponentMonitoring
- es-lhcb-dirac-logs:lhcb-dirac-logs for centralized Monitoring
- es-lhcb-mcstats:lhcb-mcstats for MC statistics
Elasticsearch performance monitoring¶
IT/ES provides monitoring tool for monitoring ES instances. You can access in the following link.
Note: You can access to kibana, if you are in one of the group: lhcb-dirac, lhcb-geoc, lhcb-gridshifters
Managing ES templates¶
Each ES instance has a dedicated template, what you can found in the repository by searching lhcb. For example: https://gitlab.cern.ch/it-elasticsearch-project/endpoint-lhcb-dirac-logs-settings.
Curator can be used for easily manage ES data. It can be used in different purpose. We are using for deleting indexes, which are older a certain age. To setup Curator you need to use the ES template repository (see Managing ES templates section.) and create curator4.actions file. For example: deleting indexes older a certain period.